Setting up ubuntu from scratch
Today I installed hardy on my laptop, after having it in and out of the repair shop and I decided it could be usefull to put all the things I had to do in 1 post.
This post is mostly for myself, but others could find it interesting.
2. installing applications
3. sessions (system -> preferences)
Disable processes you don’t need (bluetooth, printer, ….) and add programs you want to start at boot up (dock, media server, …)
Remember to put emerald there using the command
4. make sure mounted devices don’t appear on the desktop
5. Install frostwire
6. Install gtk, emerald, gdm, grub, splash, icon theme
7. make synaptic use gtk theme
8. change fonts
10. either install libflashsupport or use alsa if you have sound problems
see “hardy sound problems”
11. customize compiz fusion
12. make vlc use X11
14. compiz icon
15. changing default applications
That’s about it for me.